Coatesville Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R) provides diagnostic and evaluation service, restorative therapy, preventative and maintenance therapy, palliative therapy and patient health education.
PM&R includes the following services: Physiatry, Audiology, Physical Therapy, Kinesiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Recreation Therapy, Speech Therapy, and Prosthetics. PM&R also offers a therapeutic pool and a patient gym.
- Evaluates the need for PM&R services
- Prescribes appropriate treatments and makes the referral for therapy sessions
- Conducts routine follow-up with ongoing therapy
- Consultation for Prosthetic and Orthotic fabrication
- Diagnoses and treats hearing disorders
- Prescribes and issues hearing aids
- Provides counseling regarding hearing loss and communication strategies
- Learn more about Audiology
Physical Therapy (PT)
- Evaluates and treats Veterans with orthopedic, neurological and cardiopulmonary diagnoses
- Provides therapeutic exercise programs
- Provides wheelchair and/or scooter assessment
- Assists in pain relief and joint mobilization
- Assesses and trains with appropriate walking devices
- Gait, strength and endurance training
- Fitness program
- Weight loss program
- Aquatic therapy
Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Evaluates and treats Veterans with a wide variety of medical and psychosocial conditions
- Focuses on life skills activities to maintain the highest level of independence and functionality
- Provides therapy for orthopedic and neurological diagnosis
Recreation Therapy (RT)
- Designed to develop skills, knowledge and behaviors for daily independent living that improve the physical, cognitive, emotional, social, and leisure needs of Veterans
- Activies include, but are not limited to: Animal Interaction, Arts & Crafts, Community Outings, Exercise/Sports, Games, Horticulture, Leisure Education, Music, Stress Management, Social Skills Training
- Learn more about Recreation Therapy
- Assessment and treatment of speech/language disorders
- Treatment of swallowing disorder
- Provides the most advanced medical devices and products that are commercially available to promote the quality of life and independence for Veterans with disabilities
- Provides prosthetic and sensory aids service information which include, but are not limited to: Automobile Adaptive Equipment, Clothing Allowance, Home Improvement and Structural Alterations, Orthotic & Prosthetic Services
- Learn more about Prosthetics
How do I receive PM&R services?
- Veterans enrolled in the VA Healthcare System need to be referred to PM&R by their provider.
- Primary Care will generate a consultation request for PM&R services.
- PM&R staff will contact the Veteran to schedule an appointment.
- Building 69
- 610-384-7711 Ext. 5207
- 610-384-7711 Ext. 5259
Hours of Operation
Monday thru Friday
8:00am to 4:30pm