Coatesville Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Minority Veterans Program
The primary goal of this outreach initiative is to increase local awareness of minority veteran related issues and develop strategies for increasing their participation in existing VA benefit programs for eligible veterans. Minority Veterans Program Coordinators are located at Regional Offices, Health Care Facilities and National Cemeteries and are responsible for:
- Promoting the use of VA benefits, programs, and services by minority veterans.
- Supporting and initiating activities that educate and sensitize internal staff to the unique needs of minority veterans.
- Targeting outreach efforts to minority veterans through community networks.
- Advocating on behalf of minority veterans by identifying gaps in services and make recommendations to improve service delivery within their facilities.
There is a Minority Veteran Program Coordinator (MVPC) located in each state's Regional Office, Health Care Facility and National Cemetery to educate and assist with your eligibility of benefits and services. The Minority Veteran Program Coordinators at Coatesville VA Medical Center are:
- Ferlin Charles: 610-384-7711, ext. 2373
- Claudia Hepler: 610-384-7711, ext. 6117.
For more information on the Center for Minority Veterans, visit the VA's Center for Minority Veterans.
- Building 16
- 610-384-7711 Ext. 3398
Hours of Operation
Monday thru Friday
8:00am to 4:30pm