Coatesville Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Schedule a VA Appointment
There are many ways for Veterans to make health care appointments.
- If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now. Apply for VA health care.
- If you’re having a medical emergency, please call 911 or call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1.
Schedule an Appointment
Follow the instructions on this page on how to make an appointment by phone at this facility.
VA now offers online appointment scheduling for some appointments. We hope to expand the number of VA facilities and types of appointments in the future.
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule your VA primary care appointments online if you:
- Are scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling, and
- Have had a primary care appointment at that VA facility within the last 2 years, and
- Have a My HealtheVet Premium account or DS Logon Premium account (used for eBenefits and milConnect)
With your online account, you’ll also be able to:
- Track the status of requests
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Get notifications about appointments
- Cancel appointments
Upgrade your Existing Accounts
The Coatesville VA Medical Center provides the highest quality primary care, mental health and specialty care as quickly as possible.
Appointments are generally available Monday thru Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm with some availability on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings.
- For primary care, specialty and all other appointments, contact the Call Center directly at 610-383-0239.
- To schedule an appointment for audiology, call 610-383-0217.
- To schedule an appointment for mental health, call 610-383-0295.
To confirm, cancel, reschedule or review upcoming appointments, call the Automated Appointment Management Center 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 610-380-4357 or call 610-384-7711 and select option 1. You may also manage appointments through the Call Center and online at MyHealtheVet.
All scheduling may be done through the Call Center at 610-383-0239.
Information to Help You Decide about Where to Receive Your Care
VA has a regularly updated Access to Care website that provides useful information that can help you to decide the best VA location for you to receive your care. Before making an appointment, you can find out the following information for a VA location:
- Wait times for primary care, mental health, and some of the commonest specialties
- If same day services are available in primary care and mental health
- If Telehealth is available in primary care and mental health
- If it has an emergency room
- Facility contact information
- Veteran satisfaction scores
- Quality information comparing each VA and local area non-VA healthcare facilities
VA is committed to give Veterans the access to care they need, when they need it. When you’re planning your care at VA, you can rely on us to give you the information you need to make informed health care decisions.