For family members, friends, and significant others of Veterans with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Veterans themselves do not attend this workshop.
Group Description: This is a 2-hour educational workshop about PTSD that is repeated once per month. The goals of the workshop are to provide information about PTSD symptoms, PTSD treatment, communication strategies, and how to best support your loved one through their mental health care.
- Development and symptoms of PTSD
- The impact of avoidance
- Effective treatments for PTSD
- How to best support and encourage a Veteran in their health care
- The impact of PTSD on relationships
- Strategies to de-escalate intense emotions
- Self-care and support for loved ones
- Other family resources at the VA and in the community
Any adult family member, friend, or significant other is welcome to attend.
For more information, please contact Catherine Wallace, Ph.D. at (610) 384-7711, x6818
or ask your provider to make a referral.