About the Coatesville Pharmacy
The Coatesville Medical Center has its own pharmacy to provide convenient and efficient service to our veteran population. Our pharmacy cannot issue medications or supplies prescribed by private physicians. We fill only prescriptions issued by Coatesville VA Medical Center and Fee Basis physicians. Prescriptions may be refilled either by phone or via the Internet.
Learn how to properly dispose of unused and expired pharmaceuticals.
Telephone Refill Line
- All telephone prescription refill requests will be mailed.
Only touch tone phones will work with this system.
You will need your prescription number to complete this transaction. This number is located either in the upper left corner on the label, third line down from the top or on the upper right hand corner in bold face print.
If you do not have a touch tone phone, please sign and mail your refill slip to:
Pharmacy Service (119)
1400 Black Horse Hill Road
Coatesville, PA 19320-2096
To reorder you prescription by telephone please follow these steps:
- Dial (610) 380-4357 or 1-800-290-6172 (Option 3) if out of the calling area. The first message you will hear is: "Please enter your Social Security Number (SSN)."
- The first menu will offer the following:
- Appointment information, press 1
- Pharmacy Prescriptions, press 2
- To enter another SSN, press star ( * )
- The Pharmacy Prescriptions menu will ask:
- To refill a prescription, press 1
- To check on a prescription, press 2
- To speak with a pharmacist, press 8
- The Refill a Prescription menu will ask:
- Enter the prescription number you want filled then press pound ( # ).
- See above to locate your prescription number.
- After you enter the prescription number, the reply will be either:
- "Not on file" or
- "Is refillable and will be mailed within 2 to 4 days"
- If you get a "Not on file" response, either there is no refill on the prescription you are attempting to refill or the number was not entered correctly. If you know there is an available refill on the particular prescription, then re-enter the number. If you get another "Not on file " response, then the recording will offer you the option to enter another social security number; re-enter your SSN. At the next prompt follow the instructions to the Pharmacy Prescription menu and press 8, to speak with a pharmacist.
- If you get the "Is refillable and will be mailed within 2 to 4 days" response; you should receive it within 5 to 10 days (or it will give you a date around when it will be sent).
- You will receive a computer copy of each refillable prescription. Please use the prescription refills by phone system, or sign and mail the refill slip to the pharmacy, or bring the refill slip to the pharmacy to be processed.
- We have a toll free number for customers outside the local calling area: 1-800-290-6172. choose option #3 and follow the steps listed for the local phone number (610-380-4357).
- If the number is busy, please call after 4:30 p.m.
- If sending a check for co-pay, make checks payable to: Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Mail payments to:
Department of Veterans Affairs
c/o Agent Cashier (04D)
1400 Black Horse Hill Road
Coatesville, PA 19320-2097
Prescriptions may also be filled online using VA's My HealtheVet
program. You will need a user id and password to log in. If you do not have one, you can easily get one by creating your personal profile
Please visit My HealtheVet
for information about any prescription you may be taking.
Hours of Operations
- Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Inpatient Pharmacy (inpatient hospitalized veterans only)
Monday-Friday 8am-11pm, Saturday 8am-4pm, closed Sunday
Pharmacy Administration Office
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
All of the above services, except for the inpatient pharmacy, are closed on all federal holidays.